Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do it or Doughnut

Well, I deleted my Weight Watchers account today after losing about 6 pounds in 22 weeks. I was up and down the whole time. I lost 5 pounds right away, and then gained and lost 2 pounds fairly consistently during alternating weeks.

I've done WW before with great results, but this time just wasn't for me. I was annoyed at meetings with people suggesting getting their healthy oils for the day on their morning cereal. (really! you can't taste it!) I'm sorry, but I have no problem adding a little EVOO to my veggis. Getting enough oil isn't my problem. Trust me.

The first priority at every meeting was to ask around to see if anyone found some great low point foods or had any great tips for this week... I hated the people who said, I found a great salad at applebees and if you get it without croutons, or nuts, or fruit, or meat, or anything, basically if you just get the lettuce, and take the dressing on the side, and then don't eat it, just sniff it before you take each bite, it ends up only being 6 calories! And it's a great way to get your healthy oils... Or, I found a recipe for celery water. You just puree the celery and strain the water and drink it. It's actually negative 10 calories and you get a point BACK every time you drink a gallon of it.

Clearly I went to meetings early on Saturday mornings when no one should talk to me...
But I'm gonna try and do it on my own. Research my OWN diet strategies, figure out what works for ME. And find some motivation that spurs me on.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment